What can a Commerical Property Inspection do for you? We can uncover deficiencies, including structural concerns, giving you the full scoop on the condition of the building!
Commercial inspections performed by Curtis Home Inspections often reveal several deficiencies that are commonly found throughout the industry. These deficiencies can include:
1. Structural issues: Commercial buildings may have structural problems such as cracked walls, sagging floors, or deteriorating foundations. These issues can pose safety risks and require costly repairs.
2. Electrical problems: Inspections often identify electrical code violations, outdated wiring systems, overloaded circuits, or faulty equipment. These issues can lead to fire hazards and may require rewiring or upgrading the electrical system.
3. Plumbing concerns: Deficiencies in plumbing systems like leaks, clogged drains, inadequate water pressure, or malfunctioning fixtures are frequently discovered during commercial inspections. These issues can disrupt operations and cause damage if not addressed promptly.
4. HVAC system faults: Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) systems are prone to deficiencies such as improper installation, insufficient maintenance, worn-out components, or inadequate performance due to aging equipment. These problems affect energy efficiency and occupant comfort.
5. Roofing issues: Common roofing deficiencies in commercial properties involve leaks caused by damaged shingles/tiles/panels or poorly installed flashing materials around vents and chimneys. Roofs with insufficient insulation also contribute to higher energy costs.
6.Fire safety concerns: Inadequate fire protection measures like missing/damaged smoke detectors/alarm systems/sprinklers/fire extinguishers are prevalent findings during evaluations of commercial buildings' safety standards.
7.Accessibility non-compliance: Buildings should comply with accessibility regulations for people with disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Non-compliance includes lack of ramps/elevators/handrails/parking spaces/signage according to ADA guidelines.
8.Insufficient security measures: Many commercial properties lack adequate security features such as surveillance cameras/alarm systems/access control mechanisms that protect against thefts/break-ins/vandalism incidents.
9.Lack of proper maintenance documentation: Inspections might uncover a lack of documented maintenance records for essential building systems, which can indicate neglect and increase the risk of system failures.
10. Environmental hazards: Commercial inspections may reveal the presence of environmental hazards like asbestos-containing materials, lead-based paint, mold growth due to moisture issues, or improper storage/disposal of hazardous substances.
Addressing these deficiencies is crucial to ensure the safety, functionality, and compliance of commercial buildings while avoiding potential liabilities for owners and operators.
Whether it’s a 4-plex apartment building, retail space, or a downtown high rise, Curtis Home Inspections thoroughly inspects ALL commercial properties, no matter the size or task at hand! Schedule your commercial property inspection today!
Louisville Region (502) 428-9629
Lexington Region (859) 710-5999